Restaurant menu ideas for kids are always a challenge for parents to come up with. With the ever-changing tastes and preferences of children, coming up with interesting and appealing food options can be a difficult. But, with a bit of creativity, parents can come up with fun, healthy, and delicious restaurant menu ideas for kids that they’ll love! From creative snacks to tasty main courses, there are plenty of restaurant menu ideas for kids that will please even the pickiest of eaters. So, let’s get started and give your child a meal they’ll be begging to have again!
Creative Kid-Friendly Menu Ideas for Restaurant Owners
- Baked Mac and Cheese: A classic comfort food that kids will love. Serve it with a side of steamed vegetables for a balanced meal.
- Mini Burgers: Serve smaller versions of classic cheeseburger sliders with a side of fresh fruit or vegetables.
- Chicken Tenders: Kids love this classic favorite. Serve it with a variety of dipping sauces and a side of mashed potatoes or french fries.
- Pizza: Let kids create their own mini pizzas with their favorite toppings.
- Grilled Cheese: A classic favorite with a variety of options. Serve it with a side of tomato soup for a complete meal.
- PB&J: Serve up the classic sandwich in fun shapes using cookie cutters.
- Quesadillas: Kids love this Mexican classic. Serve it with a side of salsa and guacamole for dipping.
- Fish Sticks: An easy-to-eat option that is packed with nutrition. Serve it with a side of steamed vegetables or a salad.
- Build-Your-Own Tacos: Make taco night fun with a variety of toppings and sides.
- Pasta: Serve up a kid-friendly version of pasta with their favorite sauce and toppings.
Healthy and Fun Menu Options for Kids at Your Restaurant
At our restaurant, we strive to provide our younger guests with a variety of healthy and fun menu options. Our kid-friendly meals are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
For breakfast, we offer an array of dishes such as our multigrain pancakes, oatmeal with fresh fruit, and our breakfast burrito. We also provide a variety of egg dishes including scrambled eggs, egg whites, and omelets.
For lunch and dinner, we offer a range of sandwiches, burgers, and wraps as well as our Kids’ Plate, which includes a choice of two proteins and two sides. The proteins include grilled chicken breast, fish, and beef, while the sides include steamed vegetables, roasted potatoes, and a garden salad.
We also offer a variety of classic kids’ meals such as macaroni and cheese, chicken tenders, and pizza. All of these are served with a side of fresh fruit or vegetables.
In addition to our regular menu, we have a special kid-friendly dessert menu. This includes items like ice cream sundaes, milkshakes, and our signature “cookies and cream” cupcake.
At our restaurant, we value the health and happiness of our younger guests. We are committed to providing healthy and fun menu options that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
How to Design a Kid-Approved Menu That Will Keep Kids Coming Back
Designing a kid-approved menu that will keep them coming back can be a challenge for any restaurant operator. With a few key tips, however, you can create an enjoyable dining experience and ensure that kids keep coming back for more.
- Understand the Preferences of Young Diners: It is important to understand what kids like to eat and what they don’t. Find out what their likes and dislikes are, and tailor your menu to accommodate them. Offer a variety of options that appeal to all ages. For example, offer a selection of small plates, such as mini pizzas, chicken nuggets, and macaroni and cheese, as well as larger entrees.
- Keep It Simple: Kids like to keep things simple. Avoid dishes that are too complicated or have too many ingredients. Stick to familiar flavors and dishes that are easy to understand and don’t require too much explanation.
- Offer Variety: Kids can get bored easily, so it is important to offer a variety of food options. Include both savory and sweet dishes, as well as different types of proteins and carbohydrates. Consider adding items like wraps, sandwiches, salads, and healthy snacks to your menu.
- Include Healthy Options: Kids need healthy food to stay energized and healthy. Include some nutritious options on the menu, such as whole wheat breads, fruits, and vegetables. This will help them make better choices and provide them with the energy they need for a fun day.
- Make It Fun: Kids love to be entertained, so make the menu fun and engaging. Offer special promotions or discounts on certain items, or create a themed menu for a particular day. You can also offer kid-friendly activities or games, such as coloring sheets or puzzles, to keep them entertained while they wait for their meals.By following these tips, you can create a kid-approved menu that will keep them coming back for more. With a little bit of creativity and a focus on the preferences of young diners, you can ensure that your restaurant is a hit with kids of all ages.